Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°35'14", Longitude 75°19'38" NAD27,
- Wayne County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040103
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 59.70 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,083.78 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1963-10-22||1987-09-24||35|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01429000WEST BRANCH LACKAWAXEN RIVER AT PROMPTON, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`35'14", long 75`19'38",Wayne County, Hydrologic Unit 02040103,on left bank 500 ft downstream from Prompton Reservoir,1,500 ft upstream from bridge on U.S. Highway 6 at Prompton,and 2,000 ft upstream from Van Auken Creek.
DRAINAGE AREA.--59.7 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--August 1944to current year. Prior to October 1952, published asLackawaxen River at Prompton.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder.Datum of gage is 1,083.78 ft above sea level.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof May 23, 1942 reached a stage of 16.7 ft, from floodmark,discharge not determined.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,and the U.S. Geological Survey.