Pennsylvania Water Science Center
Estimates of Mean-Monthly & Annual Ground-Water Recharge
Lackawaxen River near Honesdale: 01430000
Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°33'43", Longitude 75°14'54" NAD27,
- Wayne County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040103
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 164.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 946.34 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1963-10-22||1963-10-22||1|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01430000LACKAWAXEN RIVER NEAR HONESDALE, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`33'43", long 75`14'54",Wayne County, Hydrologic Unit 02040103,on right bank at Lemnitzer Bridge (Brown Street),on U.S. Highway 6, and 1.2 mi downstream fromDyberry Creek and Honesdale.
DRAINAGE AREA.--164 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1948 toSeptember 1969, October 1985 to current year. Occasionaldischarge measurements and annual maximums, water years1974-85.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder.Datum of gage is 946.34 ft above sea level.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof May 1942 reached a stage of 24.5 ft, dischargenot determined.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.