Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°07'49", Longitude 75°37'33" NAD27,
- Monroe County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040106
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 91.70 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,463.81 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1926-08-18||2003-09-10||29|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01447500LEHIGH RIVER AT STODDARTSVILLE, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`07'49", long 75`37'33",Monroe County, Hydrologic Unit 02040106,on left bank 75 ft upstream from bridge on State Highway 115,at Stoddartsville, 1.9 mi upstream from Tobyhanna Creek, and4.0 mi southwest of Thornhurst.
DRAINAGE AREA.--91.7 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1943 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder.Datum of gage is 1,463.81 ft above sea level. Prior toOct. 1, 1946, nonrecording gage at site 350 ft downstream atdatum 2.14 ft lower.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof May 22, 1942, reached a stage of 12.03 ft, from floodmark,present site and datum, discharge, 15,700 ft3/s.
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National WeatherService river forecast station flood stage provided to USGSApril 1999 is 7 feet.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineersand the U.S. Geological Survey.