Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°05'05", Longitude 75°36'21" NAD27,
- Carbon County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040106
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 118.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,511.23 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1930-09-22||2003-09-10||29|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01447720TOBYHANNA CREEK NEAR BLAKESLEE, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`05'05", long 75`36'21",Carbon County, Hydrologic Unit 02040106,on left bank 50 ft downstream from bridge onState Highway 940, 500 ft downstream from Shingle Mill Run,and 1.5 mi southwest of Blakeslee.
DRAINAGE AREA.--118 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1961 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder.Datum of gage is 1,511.23 ft above sea level. Prior toJan. 16, 1962, nonrecording gage at site 50 ft upstreamat same datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof Aug. 19, 1955, reached a stage of 19.41 ft, from floodmark,discharge, 35,300 ft3/s, by slope-area measurement.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineersand the U.S. Geological Survey.