Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°38'28", Longitude 75°22'47" NAD27,
- Northampton County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040106
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 44.50 square miles
- Datum of gage is 247.24 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1960-04-22||2000-05-31||7|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01452500MONOCACY CREEK AT BETHLEHEM, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`38'28", long 75`22'47",Northampton County, Hydrologic Unit 02040106,on right bank 40 ft downstream from highway bridge atentrance to Monocacy Park at Bethlehem, and2.1 mi upstream from mouth.
DRAINAGE AREA.--44.5 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1948 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder.Concrete control since July 17,1969. Datum of gage is247.24 ft above sea level (levels by U.S. Army Corps ofEngineers). Prior to May 15, 1962, nonrecording gage atsite 40 ft upstream at same datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof July 10, 1945, reached a stage of 9.74 ft, from floodmarks,discharge, 5,200 ft3/s, by slope-area measurement.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the City of Allentown,the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,and the U.S. Geological Survey.