Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°37'45", Longitude 76°07'30" NAD27,
- Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040203
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 133.00 square miles; Contributing drainage area
- 133 square miles,
- Datum of gage is 470.64 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1978-12-18||1978-12-18||1|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01468500SCHUYLKILL RIVER AT LANDINGVILLE, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`37'45", long 76`07'30",Schuylkill County, Hydrologic Unit 02040203,on left bank 10 ft upstream from highway bridge on SR 2011at Landingville, 0.1 mi upstream from Mahannon Creek, and5.0 mi downstream from West Branch Schuylkill River.
DRAINAGE AREA.--133 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--August 1947 toApril 1953, October 1963 to September 1965, August 1973to current year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datumof gage is 470.64 ft above sea level. Prior to Aug. 27, 1947,nonrecording gage 10 ft downstream at same datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodin June 1972 reached a stage of 17.36 ft,discharge, 14,000 ft3/s.
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National WeatherService river forecast station flood stage provided to USGSApril 1999 is 8 feet.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,and the U.S. Geological Survey.