Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°00'55", Longitude 75°12'26" NAD27,
- Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040203
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 64.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 26.41 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1959-10-23||2003-09-03||140|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01474000WISSAHICKON CREEK AT MOUTH, PHILADELPHIA, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`00'54", long 75`12'24",Philadelphia County, Hydrologic Unit 02040203,on left bank 100 ft upstream from dam at Ridge Avenue,750 ft upstream from mouth, and1,000 ft northwest of Gustine Lake in Philadelphia.
DRAINAGE AREA.--64.0 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--June 1897 toSeptember 1903, January 1905 to July 1906, October 1965 tocurrent year. Prior to October 1965, records furnished byDepartment of Public Works, City of Philadelphia. Recordsfor 1971-74 published in WDR PA-81-1. Prior to October 1965,published as "near Philadelphia".
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder,concrete control, and crest-stage gage. Datum of gageis 26.41 ft above sea level. Prior to October 1965,water-stage recorder at about same site and datum.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the City of Philadelphiaand the U.S. Geological Survey.