Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 39°52'08", Longitude 75°24'31" NAD27,
- Delaware County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040202
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 61.10 square miles
- Datum of gage is 23.41 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1972-12-06||1976-08-23||13|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01477000CHESTER CREEK NEAR CHESTER, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 39`52'08", long 75`24'31",Delaware County, Hydrologic Unit 02040202,on right bank 30 ft downstream from bridge onDutton Mill Road, and 3.0 mi northwest of Chester.
DRAINAGE AREA.--61.1 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--August 1931 tocurrent year. Monthly discharges only for some periods,published in WSP 1302.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 23.41 ft above Penn Central Railroad datum.Prior to June 27, 1966, water-stage recorder at site 50 ftupstream, and June 28, 1966, to Oct. 4, 1967,nonrecording gage 150 ft upstream, all at same datum.
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National WeatherService river forecast station flood stage provided to USGSApril 1999 is 8 feet.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection, the Delaware River Basin Commission,and the U.S. Geological Survey.