Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 39°52'11", Longitude 75°35'37" NAD27,
- Delaware County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02040205
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 287.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 150.45 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1948-01-14||2003-09-22||1424|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01481000BRANDYWINE CREEK AT CHADDS FORD, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 39`52'11", long 75`35'37",Delaware County, Hydrologic Unit 02040205,on left bank 27 ft upstream from Penn Central Railroad bridgeat Chadds Ford, 150 ft upstream from Harvey Run, and1,200 ft downstream from highway bridge on U.S. Highway 1.
DRAINAGE AREA.--287 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--August 1911 toSeptember 1953, October 1962 to current year. Prior toOctober 1911, monthly discharge only, published in WSP 1302.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 150.45 ft above sea level. Prior to May 21, 1927,nonrecording gage at same site and datum.
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National WeatherService river forecast station flood stage provided to USGSApril 1999 is 9 feet.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection, Chester County,and the U.S. Geological Survey.