Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°42'25", Longitude 76°29'06" NAD27,
- Bradford County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050106
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 215.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 765.53 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1966-11-09||2003-09-09||25|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01532000TOWANDA CREEK NEAR MONROETON, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 4l`42'25", long 76`29'06",Bradford County, Hydrologic Unit 02050106,on left bank on Township Route 406,0.8 mi southwest of Monroeton, and1.0 mi upstream from South Branch Towanda Creek.
DRAINAGE AREA.--215 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--February 1914 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 765.53 ft above sea level. Nonrecording gageAug. 27, 1976, to Oct. 20, 1977, at present site and datum.Nonrecording gage Sept. 26, 1975, to Aug. 26, 1976, atbridge 0.6 mi downstream at datum 11.82 ft lower.Water-stage recorder Oct. 1, 1942, to Sept. 25, 1975,0.6 mi downstream at datum 11.82 ft lower. Prior toOct. 1, 1942, nonrecording gage at present site atdatum 8.62 ft higher.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection, the National Weather Service,and the U.S. Geological Survey.