Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°21'33", Longitude 75°44'41" NAD27,
- Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050107
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 332.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 595.26 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1928-10-26||2003-09-17||448|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01536000LACKAWANNA RIVER AT OLD FORGE, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 4l`2l'33", long 75`44'41",Lackawanna County, Hydrologic Unit 02050107,on right bank 100 ft downstream from bridge on SR 3017,150 ft upstream from Delaware, Lackawanna, and WesternRailroad bridge in Old Forge, and0.5 mi upstream from St. Johns Creek.
DRAINAGE AREA.--332 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1938 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 595.26 ft above sea level. Prior to Oct. 1, 1974,water-stage recorder at same site and datum. Oct. 1, 1974,to Aug. 17, 1975, nonrecording gage at site 150 ft upstreamat different datum.
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National WeatherService river forecast station flood stage provided to USGSApril 1999 is 11 feet.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection, the National Weather Service,and the U.S. Geological Survey.