Pennsylvania Water Science Center
Estimates of Mean-Monthly & Annual Ground-Water Recharge
Wapwallopen Creek near Wapwallopen: 01538000
Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°03'33", Longitude 76°05'38" NAD27,
- Luzerne County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050107
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 43.80 square miles
- Datum of gage is 752.41 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01538000WAPWALLOPEN CREEK NEAR WAPWALLOPEN, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`03'33", long 76`05'38",Luzerne County, Hydrologic Unit 02050107,on left bank 100 ft upstream from Harts Bridge on SR 3012,2.2 mi southeast of Wapwallopen, and 3.7 mi upstream from mouth.
DRAINAGE AREA.--43.8 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1919 to current year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 752.41 ft above sea level (Penn Central Railroad bench mark).Prior to Mar. 15, 1930, nonrecording gage at same site and datum.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection and the U.S. Geological Survey.