Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°53'49", Longitude 78°40'38" NAD27,
- Clearfield County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050201
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 315.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,207.14 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1950-01-10||2003-09-29||44|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01541000WEST BRANCH SUSQUEHANNA RIVER AT BOWER, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`53'49", long 78`40'38",Clearfield County, Hydrologic Unit 02050201,on right bank at downstream side of highway bridge onTownship Route 418 at Bower, and4.6 mi downstream from Chest Creek and Mahaffey.
DRAINAGE AREA.--315 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1913 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 1,207.14 ft above sea level. Prior to Oct. 17, 1929,nonrecording gage at same site and datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Maximumstage known prior to 1913, about 18.5 ft, May 13, 1889,discharge, about 27,000 ft3/s.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided bythe Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,and the U.S. Geological Survey.