Pennsylvania Water Science Center
Estimates of Mean-Monthly & Annual Ground-Water Recharge
West Branch Susquehanna River near Curwensville: 01541200
Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°57'41", Longitude 78°31'10" NAD27,
- Clearfield County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050201
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 367.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,124.52 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1926-08-22||1984-07-23||32|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01541200WEST BRANCH SUSQUEHANNA RIVER AT CURWENSVILLE, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`57'41", long 78`31'10",Clearfield County, Hydrologic Unit 02050201,on left bank 30 ft downstream from bridge on StateHighway 453, 0.8 mi downstream from Curwensville Dam,1.1 mi south of Curwensville, and1.8 mi upstream from Anderson Creek.
DRAINAGE AREA.--367 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1955 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 1,124.52 ft above sea level. Prior to Aug. 24, 1956,nonrecording gage and crest-stage gage 30 ft upstreamat same datum.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,and the U.S. Geological Survey.