Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°28'25", Longitude 77°13'52" NAD27,
- Lycoming County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050205
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 37.70 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,041.85 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1963-10-18||1976-10-20||8|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01549500BLOCKHOUSE CREEK NEAR ENGLISH CENTER, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`28'25", long 77`13'52",Lycoming County, Hydrologic Unit 02050205,on right bank just downstream from bridge on State Highway 284,0.7 mi upstream from Blacks Creek,1.7 mi upstream from confluence with Texas Creek,and 5.0 mi northeast of English Center.
DRAINAGE AREA.--37.7 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1940 to current year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 1,041.85 ft above sea level.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Flood ofMar. 18, 1936 reached a stage of 9.0 ft, from floodmark,discharge, 5,780 ft3/s, from rating curve extended above 1,200 ft3/son basis of contracted-opening measurement at gage height 8.81 ft.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection and the U.S. Geological Survey.