Pennsylvania Water Science Center
Estimates of Mean-Monthly & Annual Ground-Water Recharge
Muncy Creek near Sonestown: 01552500
Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°21'25", Longitude 76°32'06" NAD27,
- Sullivan County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050206
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 23.80 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,025.01 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1963-10-17||2003-09-03||17|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01552500MUNCY CREEK NEAR SONESTOWN, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`21'25", long 76`32'06",Sullivan County, Hydrologic Unit 02050206,on right bank 150 ft downstream from Slip Run,185 ft downstream from bridge on SR 2002, and1.2 mi east of Sonestown.
DRAINAGE AREA.--23.8 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1940 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 1,025.01 ft above sea level. Prior to Mar. 31, 1941,nonrecording gage at same site and datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodin March 1936 reached a stage of about 9.3 ft,discharge not determined.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection and the U.S. Geological Survey.