Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°36'40", Longitude 76°54'44" NAD27,
- Northumberland County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050301
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 162.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 401.22 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1962-07-11||1995-06-12||69|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01555500EAST MAHANTANGO CREEK NEAR DALMATIA, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`36'40", long 76`54'44",Northumberland County, Hydrologic Unit 02050301,on right bank at bridge on SR 3017,2.0 mi upstream from mouth, and 3.2 mi south of Dalmatia.
DRAINAGE AREA.--162 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1929 tocurrent year. Prior to October 1945, published asMahantango Creek East near Dalmatia.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 401.22 ft above sea level. Oct. 1, 1929, toFeb. 11, 1930, nonrecording gage, and Feb. 12, 1930, toNov. 18, 1973, water-stage recorder at present site atdatum 0.72 ft lower. Nov. 19, 1973, to June 18, 1974,nonrecording gage at site 2 mi upstream at different datum.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection and the U.S. Geological Survey.