Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°27'47", Longitude 78°12'00" NAD27,
- Blair County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050302
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 291.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 831.78 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01556000FRANKSTOWN BRANCH JUNIATA RIVER AT WILLIAMSBURG, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`27'47", long 78`12'00",Blair County, Hydrologic Unit 02050302,on left bank 10 ft downstream from highway bridge onSR 2015 at Williamsburg, and2.5 mi upstream from Clover Creek.
DRAINAGE AREA.--291 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1916 tocurrent year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 831.78 ft above sea level (Penn Central Railroadbench mark). Prior to Aug. 14, 1928, nonrecording gage atsame site and datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof June 1, 1889, reached a stage of 19.1 ft, from floodmark,discharge, about 35,500 ft3/s.
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National WeatherService river forecast station flood stage provided to USGSApril 1999 is 12 feet.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the National Weather Service,the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,and the U.S. Geological Survey.