Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°04'18", Longitude 78°29'34" NAD27,
- Bedford County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 02050303
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 172 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,051.16 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1950-03-23||1973-08-30||89|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01560000DUNNING CREEK AT BELDEN, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`04'18", long 78`29'34",Bedford County, Hydrologic Unit 02050303,on left bank 10 ft upstream from highway bridge on SR 1014,0.8 mi southeast of Belden, 3.8 mi north of Bedford, and4.3 mi upstream from mouth.
DRAINAGE AREA.--172 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--May 1939 tocurrent year. Prior to October 1939 monthly discharge only,published in WSP 1302.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder.Datum of gage is 1,051.16 ft above sea level.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Maximumstage known, 17.8 ft, Mar. 18, 1936, from floodmarks(backwater from Raystown Branch Juniata River),discharge, about 16,900 ft3/s.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection and the U.S. Geological Survey.