Pennsylvania Water Science Center
Estimates of Mean-Monthly & Annual Ground-Water Recharge
Potato Creek at Smethport: 03009680
Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°48'35", Longitude 78°25'50" NAD27,
- Mckean County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 05010001
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 160.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,454.84 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Water Quality Samples||1979-09-12||1981-08-25||13|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--03009680POTATO CREEK AT SMETHPORT, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`48'35", long 78`25'50",McKean County, Hydrologic Unit 05010001,on left bank 30 ft upstream from U.S. Highway 6 at east boroughlimits of Smethport, and 500 ft downstream from Marvin Creek.
DRAINAGE AREA.--160 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1974 to current year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum ofgage is 1,454.84 ft above sea level.
REMARKS.--Landline and U.S. ArmyCorps of Engineers satellite telemeter at station.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Floodof June 22, 1972 reached a stage of 15.54 ft,discharge, 12,800 ft3/s, on basis of contracted-openingmeasurement of peak flow.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.