Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 41°45'59", Longitude 78°43'08" NAD27,
- Mckean County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 05010001
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 38.8 square miles
- Datum of gage is 1,540.00 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1928-10-02||1995-08-16||27|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--03011800KINZUA CREEK NEAR GUFFEY, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 41`45'59", long 78`43'08",McKean County, Hydrologic Unit 05010001,in Allegheny National Forest,on right bank 130 ft upstream from bridge on U.S. Highway 219,0.2 mi upstream from Wintergreen Run,1.0 mi downstream from Pine Run, and 1.5 mi west of Guffey.
DRAINAGE AREA.--46.4 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--Occasional low-flowmeasurements, published as "at Tallyho," water years 1959-65.October 1965 to current year.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Elevationof gage is 1,540 ft above sea level, from topographic map.
REMARKS.--U.S. Army Corps ofEngineers satellite telemeter at station.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers,the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection,and the U.S. Geological Survey.