Pennsylvania Water Science Center
Estimates of Mean-Monthly & Annual Ground-Water Recharge
Buffalo Creek near Freeport: 03049000
Detailed Station Information (FROM NWISWeb)
- Latitude 40°42'57", Longitude 79°41'59" NAD27,
- Butler County, Pennsylvania , Hydrologic Unit 05010009
- DRAINAGE AREA
- 137.00 square miles
- Datum of gage is 792.00 feet above sea level NGVD29.
- SITE TYPE:
- Stream / River
- AVAILABLE DATA:
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Real-time||This is a real-time site|
|Water Quality Samples||1963-10-24||1995-07-27||2|
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email questions about this site toPennsylvania NWISWeb Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--03049000BUFFALO CREEK NEAR FREEPORT, PA
LOCATION.--Lat 40`42'57", long 79`41'59",Butler County, Hydrologic Unit 05010009,on right bank 0.6 mi upstream from Little Buffalo Creekand 3 mi north of Freeport.
DRAINAGE AREA.--137 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1940 to current year.Monthly discharge only for October 1940, published in WSP 1305.
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Elevation of gageis 792 ft above sea level, by barometer. Prior to July 19, 1962,nonrecording gage at same site and datum.
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operationof this station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department ofEnvironmental Protection and the U.S. Geological Survey.